Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Fireplace update

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bethmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2005
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the info.
    Sounds like a great project!

    I love the pic of the girls under the tree..
    What settings did you have your camera on?
    I've been trying to duplcate it and can't quite get it right. you'r's is o pretty!

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Wow! That sounds really wonderful! Thank you for posting this [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] !

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Homemommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2005
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oooh I cant wait for details! This sounds like soooo much fun! Plus now that we are actually starting to add furniture pieces to our collection, I would LOVE to work on a fire place to go in our house.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As mentioned in another thread, I was going to make a fireplace for my dolls. Someone asked me for an update to see if I got it made. I didn't make it yet, but I did buy all the supplies needed [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    The supplies I bought ended up costing about $30. The fireplace will have dollhouse real brick in the firebox and on the hearth. You can buy the bricks by the sheet (about $11.00/sheet) or purchase bags of bricks. With the wood trim and real brick, the fireplace will look great!

    In addition to the expensive fireplace, I'm planning on making a cheap version using household stuff and will try to duplicate the expensive one as closely as possible.

    I'll be taking step-by-step photos of both fireplaces so folks can decide which fireplace they want to make. I think I'm more excited about making the cheap fireplace than the expensive one though because it will look great and be almost free. That way lots of boardmembers can make one if they want.

    Hopefully I'll get to that project between Christmas and New Years.

    If anyone is interested in making a fireplace, now is the time to buy a set of battery operated mini Rice Lights to use in the fireplace. They're called "rice" lights because the bulbs are so small. I got two sets for $1.00 each at A.C. Moore the other day in the aisle that had Christmas decoration items. Some stores sell the lights with their Christmas Scene stuff. The lights run on two triple A batteries.

    It would be fun to make a mini doll wreath and use a set of Rice Lights in it so after Christmas I might go out to find another set or two.

    Hmm, and I can make a lighted candleabra using the mini lights, a doll-size lighted make-up mirror, use them around the 3-in-1 bed... I better buy extra sets of Rice Lights. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Julia

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can I clarify your post? Is $30 the cost of the inexpensive fire place or the other one?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •